* First off, let me say I got a new blog! YAY, now it’s a little bit “under-construction” right now. . especially since i’m patiently awaiting the super sweet, oh so talented Gladys Jem to take pictures of me for my header. So until then, please pardon the mess! It’ll be up, running, and super fabulous soon! Now onto the books!
I LOVE to read. I love to read books, and more recently I love to read my kindle. I’m an electronics junkie, between Mike and I we have gidgets and gazmo’s aplenty (that’s right, I just quoted the little mermaid. . . my maiden name IS disney. So it’s perfectly acceptable). Everyone else seems to be doing their book lists lately, and quite frankly I feel left out. So here it is- my must-read-have to have, dying to read list:
– The Help by Kathryn Stockett- I can’t say enough good things about this book. It blew my socks off. I wasn’t expecting to like it as much as I did, but I adored it. It was easy to read, never dull, and I desperately wanted to find out what happened to Minny, Aibleen, and Skeeter.
– Room by Emma Donoghue- This is a must read, it felt impossibly hard to get into since it’s written through the eyes of a 5 year old, but once I understood what was going on- I was hooked. It’s based on a true story about a teenage girl kidnapped and held captive in a shed for 7 years and her son.
– The Book Thief by Markus Zusak- This book was one of the better books I read last year. It was captivating and well-written, and I was intrigued, and could not put it down. Even if it made me cry. It was fab-u-lous.
– The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray- I’m reading book 2 of the trilogy right now (and per my kindle I’m 79% done). I don’t know what it is about series’ but I get totally drawn in, I’m pulled to books where my “friends” don’t leave me after a mere 300 pages (like Hunger Games. Another trilogy that knocked my socks off. In a BIG way). This is a series of 4 school girls caught up in magic, and realms, and it sounds weird, but its not. It’s good, and full of action, and lust, and spunk. I can’t wait to start book 3!
And patiently waiting on my amazon wish list I have:
– My Hollywood by Mona Simpson
– A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
– The Lonely Polygamist by Brady Udall
– The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman