well its friday. . . fridays always make me smile. Just knowing the weekend is so close. Our weekends lately have been filled with long puppy-walks and lots of home improvement projects. But guess what- the home improvement projects are winding down quickly. The nursery is done, the bathrooms have new tile, the walls are painted (minus ONE room. damn restoration hardware and their back ordered paint), and the pictures have finally been hung. We’ve entered a major state of calm. . . hopefully with enough time to enjoy it before our lives are turned upside down with Alexandria’s arrival (in approximately 9 weeks and 4 days).
Speaking of Lexi and her impending arrival. We broke down and had a 4-d ultrasound taken last weekend. We invited the grandparents, and everyone got a sneak peak of her chubby cheeks. Now, I was majorly hesitant to get this fancy 4-d thing done– mainly because the child always looks like a claymation alien. It’s a little freaky, and half the time I already feel like there’s an alien inside of me kicking and squirming- i didnt need photo proof. And then I had a dream Lexi was a boy. Yes, a BOY. Her nursery is pink, she has adorable little girl clothes, what on earth would we do if we brought a little boy home from the hospital?! I made the mistake of telling my mom about my little dream, and day after day I would hear about how I “might be carrying like a boy”, and “maybe we can stain the furniture”, and “have the doctor check on your next appointment”. . . well my next appointment came and went, and the little bugger had her legs crossed. SO in order to put everyone’s mind at ease we got a little sneak peak of the babe. And here’s what we learned:
– she is 100% a GIRL. no questions. hands down. ALL GIRL. and thank goodness, because she already has personalized stationary.
– she smiles when she hears her dad’s voice. daddy’s girl already. melts my heart.
– she has her dad’s full head of hair. I kid you not, this child is going to be born with hair. and the longest, sweetest eyelashes EVER.
– weighing in at 3lbs and 4oz she’s right on track for being 8lbs when she makes her debut.
– she’s already a thumb sucker.
– she has her dad’s toes. Her 2nd toe is longer than her big toe. Mike claims its a sign of genius.
– she has chubby pinch-worthy cheeks.
– we can’t wait to welcome her to our little family