I stumbled across this recipe on I Heart Naptime (thank you pinterest!) and immediately fell in love with the bright delicious colors of these cookies. They scream “summer” and since i’m anxiously awaiting long lazy pool days, water-table time, and beach visits I decided to give these puppies a whirl.
A few random things. These are more time intensive than i originally thought- mostly because i dirtied 3,000 dishes making them. They taste differently than i expected- think sugar cookie mixed with jello (i have no idea why i was so surprised considering that’s basically what they are?). And they don’t contain chocolate.
- 3.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cups salted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 (3 oz) pkg jello You can use any flavors you want
- Beat butter in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla. Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Divide dough into 4 sections. Sprinkle 2 Tb of jello onto each section. Knead together with dough. You may want to add a few drops of food coloring to make the dough more vibrant.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in the extra jello from the packets. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of bowl.
- Bake 8 to 10 min at 350 on lined baking sheets. Cool on baking sheets 2 min. Remove to wire racks and cool completely.