I’m linking up with some adorable bloggers to bring you five on friday this week. Just five random things from this week. Ready-Set-Friday!
1. Messy Buns. I’d like to personally thank the girls of the world for making it socially acceptable (and perhaps even stylish) for me to leave the house each and every day with a my hair piled atop my head. This summer-do is a major life-saver in the sense that i haven’t actually DONE my hair in forever, and i hit the gym so much that its just plain practical.
2. Air Fork One. This fork had me in stitches (does anyone say that anymore? now that i’m pushing 30 pretty sure my cool factor is busted) in a store the other day. I havent been able to stop singing “air force one” since AND its totally been added to my amazon wish list. Someone in my life WILL be getting this fork. I guarantee it.
3. Beach Defense. I HATE sunscreen. I hate the way it smells, feels, glops, and how it prevents me from getting a golden glow. But I’ve suffered two not-so-friendly sunburns already this summer so i’m trying to learn to love it. This sunscreen is majorly helping with that. Its not sticky, not as smelly, and goes on as smooth as lotion. Its husband approved to. . . Fingers crossed for no more burn!
4. SUMMER. This summer has been filled with fun for us so far. Weekend trips, beach trips, aquarium trips, and a lot of outdoor fun makes me hope our lazy days of swimsuits and sunshine never ever end. It helps that lex is at a perfect age to enjoy all the wonderful things that come with summer (ie- popsicles, bikinis, pool-time, and ice cream).
5. Sweet babes. We have an ultra independent toddler- she’s not a snuggler, not a hugger, and would rather be off exploring than sitting on mom or dads lap for more than .5 seconds. But lately she’s turned super sweet and gives away kisses and bear hugs like they’re going out of style. And it makes me melt each and every time she crawls up me in order to smush her face to mine and give me giant kisses. I must admit she doesn’t discriminate and will chase boys, dogs, and kitties in order to kiss or hug them too. BEST. STAGE. EVER.