This weekend we’re off to the sunny, sunny HOT climate of palm springs for a long weekend of pool-time, friends, and definitely a margarita (or twelve). Here’s my list of must-have essentials for the weekend:
1. Tom Ford Lydia Sunnies.- These sunnies are totally a must have for me by the pool. They’re everything i love about sunglasses- over-sized and fabulous.
2. Maaji Midnight Glory. this is my go-to swim suit these days. its cute yet fits perfectly enough so cannonballs wont have me showing off my goodies. I’m also pretty sure Maaji is my hand-down fav brand of swim suits. They’re perfectly stylish (i have my eye on a ruffle suit too), thick, and really, really well made.
3. Williams Sonoma Strawberry Margarita Mix– my mason jar has been constantly filled with this strawberry margarita goodness on walks lately (walktails make walks SO much better!) its SO sweet, and delicious, and i even make virgin margaritas for lex to enjoy (mine clearly arent so virgin). I’m going to make sure my cabana boy (aka my husband) knows i expect my glass to be filled at all times. . . in order to avoid dehydration of course.
4. redneck rita glass. I have an original redneck glass (aka a mason jar with a straw)- but this one just screams “poolside margaritas!” to me. pair it with a silly straw and perhaps an umbrella and i’m in love.
5. Crewcuts Heart Sunnies. Its no secret that lex loves her sunnies. She actually wears them, and dare i say she asks us to put them on her. These are cute and functional. A definite necessity.
6. Fancy Purple Mesh Tankini. This is our newest swim-suit purchase- and probably the best fitting of lex’s bikinis (we always have a problem with the bottoms staying up around her bitty belly). Its seriously SO cute, and matches her crocs perfectly. She’ll be rockin’ this (and maybe her other 18 suits) at the pool ALL WEEKEND LONG.
7. kate spade popsicle pendant– Popsicle’s are a new obsession over here, they’re totally perfect for hot, hot summer days. And this necklace is SO CUTE. i think lex and i need matching ones to sport, the up-side is that it’s probably a lot less messy than real popsicles.
8. Ray-Ban Squared ClubMasters.- Mike is a “sports sunglass” kinda guy. He wears them to do all sorts of fun beach-like-man-activities- but i think he needs a grown-up pair for poolside action. I know he’d never go for these, but a girl can dream right?
9. J. Crew Nautical Board Shorts.- speaking of dreaming, i LOVE the new shorter board-short trend for guys. They’re no as baggy, and low, and just more stylish and less surf-ish. I 100% think mike needs these in his life (he will disagree with this fact over and over again, but one day i might win?).