Today i’m linking up with the super cool, fun, and sweet vanessa from sunflower state of mind to talk about go-to-babe-gear!
We have a sippy cup epidemic in our house. I’m not even being overly dramatic- i think sippy cups would be the one thing my husband would change about being a parent. He confided in my mom a few months ago and told her that his life has been taken over by amazon boxes of sippy cups (he’s clearly the dramatic one). In my defense its hard to find the PERFECT sippy. Fun, functional, easy to clean, and one that will actually get used. I feel like we’ve been through them all- some are easily broken when thrown & have a million parts to wash (camelback), some randomly leak unexpectedly creating a swamp in my purse, some lex’s tongue get stuck in (tommee tippee), some are prone to mold after just a few short weeks (zoli bot).
After months of searching we’ve finally found the perfect mix of sippy cups (for us!).
1. Klean Kanteen– lex picked this out at PBK one day because its blue and she has a major love affair with anything blue. We LOVE this cup. Its simple, easy to clean, doesnt leak, and is really durable. As you can probably see its taken quite a beating, but its still going strong!
2. NUK learner cup– When weaning lex from her bottle we had a heck of a time finding a cup she would drink milk out of. Water was no biggie she’d drink that from anything. but her precious milk was a different story. We hit the jackpot with this cup big time! Finding one that didn’t leak milk everywhere AND was lex approved took some time and more than a few cups, but once we found this bad boy we ordered multiple and still use them all to this day.
3. Thermos Funtainer– These things are hands-down amazing. They keep water cold for up to 12 hours (and they really actually do!) which is awesome for hot days at the beach, pool, lagoon, or park. It has a button (which is lex’s favorite part), a flip top (so it stays sand-less at the beach!), and the straw is easy to use and doesn’t leak! This bad boy is easy to clean and doesn’t get moldy. Bonus is that dwell studio makes a line of them and they are adorable (which is totally expected from dwell).
4. Boon Stout Transitional Cup– I randomly found these one day and we’ve fallen in love with them. Not only are they easy to take apart and clean, they don’t leak, and have 3 stages so they’re the perfect transition cup. They’re made of super thick durable plastic which has definitely withheld a beating around here.
5. Inchbug Orbit Labels– Every sippy in our house gets an inchbug label. They’re adorable first off, but they also let everyone know they’re ours, act as a grip on all plastic bottles, hold up in the dishwasher, and are removable. We majorly LOVE these labels. They just add a touch of fun to all of lex’s cups! Bonus- they’re personalized, but you have to get pretty close to read it, so no stranger can walk up to lex when she’s older and know her name (totally random. but i watch a lot of tv).
The line up of cups i use on a weekly basis is just as impressive as lex’s. . . but its hard to balance workouts, walktails, and smoothies.
1. Plastic mason jar- this is my go-to for walktails. Unlike the glass mason jars it actually fits into the cup-holders on lex’s car & strollers. Which is an absolute necessity when it comes to walktails. Fancy crazy straws are a bonus.
2. Mason jar tumbler– I LOVE THIS CUP. the straw is huge making it perfect for smoothies, plus is double insulation means that it doesn’t sweat. Only major downfall is that its so big it doesn’t fit into any cup-holders anywhere.
3. Camelback groove– Just because lex cant hang with a camelback doesn’t mean i cant either. I like to believe i’m much more gentle with my cups and dont carry them around in my mouth only to let go and send them crashing to the floor. Love this straw-sippy for water on-the-go.
4. BKR bottle– this is my go-to for workouts. I love the glass, its easy to drink from, and since its not a straw i can really get my drink on during the .5 seconds my teachers give us for water breaks. I also happen to be a huge fan of the neon color. Its dishwasher safe, simple to clean, and comes with an extra top (just in case).
Want to join in on the fun? Just add your link to our list and strut your stuff!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
Thank you to everyone who joined us in this amazing link up. Dont be sad that its over, we’re totally going to do it again! HOLIDAY style.