Let me start by saying i know next to nothing about make-up. Or applying make up. I swear i’m clueless and have been known to wander around the target make up isle praying for a miracle for hours. Last winter I forced a friend into telling me some of her make-up product secrets- and i havent looked back. With a little more up-front investment i’ve saved bundles from trying to buy anything and everything else. I also have the privilege of getting ready with a toddler every morning, so my routine has to be lickity split. . . (and she’s learning more than i ever wanted her to know about make-up at the ripe age of one and a half. She knows where eyeshadow,, blush, and bronzer go. And what brush to use. It’s terrifying).
1. Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer – this stuff is smooth, lightweight, has just a touch of color, and doesnt leave me feeling greasy yet gives me just a touch of tint.
2. bareMinerals- Faux Tan– If you get nothing else from this post GET THIS. i swear its the best $20 you will EVER spend. This little jar lasted me just about a year. And i cant get over how amazing it is. It gives me just enough color to look less pasty, white & tired- yet not enough that i look like i just got back from a 4 week hawaiian vacation.
3.NARS Blush, Super Orgasm– I thought i loved NARS orgasm blush. And then i discovered SUPER orgasm. It has a tough of glitter and is just a tad brighter. And is just plain pretty. I’m a huge blush fan- i love blush. If i had to pick one makeup item i couldnt live without- blush would totally be it.
4. Diorshow Mascara – This mascara actually SMELLS good. Who else can say that about their mascara?! The brush is amazing and doesnt leave me all clumpy and spider-leggy and looking scarily. Bottom line- i love this stuff.
5. Naked2 Palette. Urban Decay has delivered BIG TIME with their NAKED palette’s. I especially love that they come out every year just in time for christmas. . . because i feel slightly better when i receive it as a gift instead of dropping $50 on it. It has everything i need in the form of eyeshadow. . . and so much more. Total win.
6. smashbox cream eyeliner.i seriously only wear eyeliner on special occasion. . . or when im not working out that day (otherwise i just look scary by the end). But this stuff is my go-to. You put it on with a handy little brush- which makes it virtually impossible to screw up (holla!).
And that’s that. Now, who wants to come and do my hair for me each and every day?