Lex loves to craft and create. She loves to paint, color, bead, sticker, stamp, and paint some more. Here are the crafts we’re currently digging into (on a daily basis).
– Glitter Tempera Set Colossal Round Brushes– During our art class they busted out the glitter paint a few times, and lex immediately swooned. I hunted our usual round-up of stores to find glitter paint with no luck. Then i turned to trusty old amazon- and within a few days lex was sparkle painting at home. I seriously can’t order this paint fast enough. She LOVES it. These round brushes are pretty awesome too! They’re nice and big and have help up (so far!) perfectly for us!
– easel & Giant Floor Pad– This easel is on lex’s christmas wish list (a little elf told me it already arrived at grandma & grandpas). I CANT WAIT for lex to have an easel. It’ll be a total game changer in the painting department. For now we’re painting on giant pieces of paper. . . and lets just say the fridge is getting a little crowded (and sparkley).
– Crayola Hassle Free Water Color Set& crayon gems– I LOVE this watercolor set- its easy to use, washable, and easy to clean. There’s no cup of water sitting around, you just wet the little pad and away you go. Easy and super fun! These crayon gems are lex’s FAVORITE coloring tool (she might also have rock crayons on her christmas wish list). The shape is PERFECT for little hands, and they’re big and just super duper cute!
– Jumbo Floor Splat Mat– This baby is my savior. No joke. I LOVE our splat mat- It’ll live under the easel once we get it- but for now it’s what we do ALL our crafting on. It wipes clean ridiculously easily and keeps my OCD in check because the mess stays contained!
– B. Pop-Arty Beads– Right now i think lex loves dumping these beads more than snapping them. She also loves ordering me around telling me what colors to snap together to make bracelets, necklaces, and even rings. It’s an insanely fun bead craft to do again, and again, and again.
– Pipe Cleaners& All Sparkle Bead Extravaganza Bead Box – Oh sparkle pony beads are yet another favorite thing around here. She loves these beads. We string them on pipe cleaners to make bracelets for us (and all her stuffed animals). I’ll admit our box still looks super organized- and i managed to just barely keep my cool when lex dumped the whole thing over. Let’s just say it was an awesome lesson in sorting for her. . . and staying calm for me.
Some of our other favorite crafts are stickers (especially of the foam variety. or hello kitty. or puppies. or kitties. or princesses) and definitely stamps (with a washable stamp pad. duh). I swear we’re constantly crafting up in here, up in here.