i feel like sometimes its all too easy to get stuck in a rut. Its easy to focus on the fact that your do-to-list is a mile and a half long, the laundry desperately needs to be done in order to avoid running out of underwear, the house isn’t as tidy as it could be, and the bathroom renovation is TAKING FOREVER. But guess what? That’s real life. Instead of putting all my focus on the negative, i choose to focus on the good. And we have a LOT of good.
– lex is actually wearing things in her closet she’s never worn and is almost too big for- a definite bonus on putting off doing her laundry. this babe has a billion clothes- time to use em all. same thing can be said about my work-out clothes. I’ve re-discovered a few tops that were hiding at the bottom of my drawer.
– the bathroom is going to be KILLER once its done. and i’m going to deserve a long-ass bubble bath once the tub gets installed. some things are worth the wait. . . as much as i wish this bathroom renno was simple- it just keeps getting bigger and better. Once the dust settles (literally. all the construction has turned the house into one giant dust bunny) i think it’ll be obvious at how much mike and i rocked at picking out tile and fixtures, and details.
– teething is the pits. two year molars are hitting us hard. but hey- instead of complaining about the teething- we’re celebrating that these are lex’s LAST FOUR TEETH to come through! Wine and sparkling cider all around!
– we’re like buddy the elf around here. smiling is our favorite. and lex’s smiles are contagious . . . she’s just so generally happy that even when bad moods hit- they don’t hit for very long. my go-to cheer up trick for lex is playing her fav song from rapunzel and having a dance party. No one can be grumpy after a rapunzel dance party.
– its no secret that i work out. . . a lot. but its seriously addicting! It puts me in such a good mood- its something i do for ME. no one else. it does double duty- lets me blow off steam AND makes me feel less guilty when i eat cupcakes. I always leave the gym feeling refreshed and fly!
– on a much grander scale i’m grateful for everything that we have- we have an awesome support system of friends & family (seriously. i LOVE each and every one of em), i adore our home, we’re all healthy & happy. I just don’t have much to “complain” about. It’s hard not to be happy when i look around and just feel overwhelmed by thankfulness.
I like to go to bed knowing the next day WILL be better. because it always is. and guess what- your sh*t always gets done. that do-do list does eventually shrink, the laundry gets done, and those grumpy moods do go away. So focus on the awesome… Because there’s always something awesome!
These two are my awesome.